10 BEST Resin Coaster Tutorials 
Here are the best resin coaster tutorials for DIY coasters. Resin art is all the rage right now! And for good reason – it’s a really fun medium to work with, and the results can be stunning.
If you’re new to resin art, or if you just want to learn some new techniques, this is the blog post for you. In today’s post, we’ll share 10 of our favorite resin coaster tutorials.
These tutorials will teach you everything from how to add glitter into the resin and how to pick the right resin for coasters. So whether you’re just starting out or you’re looking for some new ideas, be sure to check out these top resin tutorials!
Resin Coaster Tutorials
1. How To Make Resin Coasters
If you have always wanted to try to make your own coasters then this video is a must watch.
Resin Crafts 101 shows some of their very best tips and tricks to help you with resin. They also feature ways that you can use dried flowers in resin.
2. Teal & Gold Geode Coasters
Sit back and just enjoy the process of making your own coasters. This coaster tutorial uses a handmade silicone mold and shows how to make a whole matching set of coasters that you can use around the house or give as gifts.
The way she uses the powders and micas take these coasters to the next level! If you are looking to make some handmade gifts, then definitely watch this coaster tutorial right to the end.
3. How To Make Wood Epoxy Coasters
If you have not worked with epoxy resin, then coasters are a great way to start because they are smaller and won't use up too much resin while you are just getting started.
These wood and epoxy coasters are a good started project that you can use with wood. They are using Alumilite resin to make these coasters.
4. How To Get Lacing Cells In Coasters
Lacing is a technique that looks like waves on a sandy beach. It can take lots of practice to get it perfect. In this coaster tutorial Summer Girl Designs shows you exactly how to get the lacing perfect.
The use of alcohol inks make the water look like it's straight from the most luxurious beaches! The tip is to make sure the blue pigments don't overpower the brown colors and to layer the resin over a couple of days to allow the first layer to set.
5. Epoxy Resin River Coasters
One of the best videos out there to show the process of making stunning river coasters. We all know about river tables, but you can also make a smaller version too. Unlike a river table that requires a large table mold for resin, these ones can be made freeform.
Jacob Elliott shows how you can make these with one board and then cut them into perfect sizes for coasters.
6. Blue And Gold Resin Coasters
These coasters turned out absolutely beautiful and Resin Shine Creations shows you exactly how to get these coasters full of pigments and gold accents.
Using silicone molds, she first pours the resin and then adds in the elements. If you have a Cricut machine, you can cut up your very own words and elements to customize your coasters. One tip is to make sure that the resin is completely free of bubbles using a heat gun.
7. How To Make Resin Coasters With Scrap Wood
If you're looking for a way to use up scrap wood, resin coasters are such a great option! In this tutorial, Blacktail Studio shows you how to make them using burned wood. They make perfect gifts or DIY home décor pieces.
The results on this coaster DIY project are just stunning and the clear coating makes the resin just shine in the most beautiful way.
8. White & Gold Resin Coaster Set
This comprehensive tutorial from Summer Girl Designs walks you through every step of the resin coaster-making process, from mixing the resin to adding color and gold accents.
You'll learn how to create beautiful white and gold coasters & tray that are unique and eye-catching.
9. Rainbow Flowers DIY Coasters
In this video tutorial from Pouring Your Heart Out you will learn how to make a resin coaster with a rainbow effect, and it's perfect for anyone who loves bold colors.
There's good techniques to learn like how to mix the resin, add colorants, and create a beautiful coaster that's sure to impress.
10. How To Make Resin Flower Coasters
In this fun tutorial, you'll learn how to make epoxy resin coasters with hand poured flowers which is an exciting technique to learn.
You can use just about anything you want to personalize your coasters, and the sky's the limit when it comes to creativity.
Tips For Making Resin Coasters
1. Choose the right resin and supplies for your project. Epoxy resin is the most popular choice for coasters, as it is durable and easy to work with. However, there are other tools you will need to make resin crafts. Here's some essential resin supplies you need for creating resin coasters.
2. Make sure your coaster mold is clean and free from any debris before pouring in the resin. Any dirt or dust will show up in the finished product.
3. Mix the resin according to the manufacturer's instructions carefully. If you don't mix it properly, the resin won't set correctly and your coasters will be ruined.
4. Pour the resin into the molds slowly and evenly. Avoid pouring it in too quickly, as this can cause air bubbles to form in the resin. If you do get lots of bubbles, you can simply pop them with a heat gun for resin.
5. Allow the resin to set completely before removing the coasters from the molds. Depending on the type of resin you used, this could take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. Once the resin is completely set, your coasters are ready to use!
We hope this resin coaster article helped you out and now you can go ahead and make your very own resin coasters. Have fun!
MORE HELPFUL ARTICLES
USE RESIN SAFELY
No matter what type of resin you decide to use, always use PPE. Do take time to carefully go over safety data sheets before making anything with resin. And it's very important to follow the instructions on the resin.
Here is the best respirator mask for epoxy resin: this PD-100 Full Face Organic Vapor Respirator by Parcil Safety, who is based in the USA, checks off all of the boxes for resin safety.